Sweet Corn and Black Eyed Pea Dip
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small tomato
- 3 cups cooked black eyed peas ( or 2 15 oz cans)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- First, chop red pepper and tomato into bite size pieces.
- Second, in a separate bowl place peas and smash them just a bit. You want them semi-creamy but enough whole for texture.
- Last, add all the ingredients to the peas…easy and healthy!!
- Season to your taste
- Serve with toasted Sprout Momma baguettes or over greens — yummy!!!