This is the perfect recipe for the summer — since tomatoes are in season. It’s a healthy and fresh appetizer that goes great with Sprout Momma breads.
- 2-4 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 bunch of Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash tomatoes and put them on a sheet pan in one layer.
- Drizzle olive oil over them.
- Add the whole cloves of garlic and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for about 10 minutes , stir and roast again until the tomatoes burst.
- Remove from oven and smash tomatoes and garlic together trying not to have large chunks of garlic, cool to room temperature.
- Take your basil and line up all the leaves and roll them like a cigar. Slice in thin strips and add to cooled tomato mixture . Now, for the important part — Serve with you favorite loaf of fresh yummy SPROUT MOMMA BREAD. Add wine and its a party!