- 2 cans organic garbanzo beans ( you can used dried , just prepare via the package) I drain but reserve the liquid to use later in the hummus .
- 1 head Roasted garlic; whole clove garlic is delicious; I cut the top off; drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on size. (You can roast as many as you like and store in fridge for all kinds of other uses. It tastes great on Sprout Momma breads with butter or olive!)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried turmeric( If you can’t find fresh, use dried; it’s great for inflammation)
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger ( same thing here, use fresh if possible, great for inflammation and settling your tummy too)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
In your processor or blender, mix in the beans in with as much of the reserved liquid to make a paste.
Add everything except olive oil. Blend. Now, taste and see if the flavors meet with your approval. If not, add a pinch more of the flavor.
When things taste the way you like, infuse the olive oil. In other words, turn on the processor or blender and drizzle the oil in until creamy. You can also add a bit more of the reserved liquid instead of olive oil; it saves calories and cost. I didn’t use tahini paste this time, because I like the beans and curry to shine. But if you love it, add away! Make it your own! It’s soooo easy!