Carrot Top Pesto:
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 or 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 cup crossly chopped carrot tops (organic…also I pull the lever off the stems)
- big handful of fresh basil leaves (about 1 cup)
- juice of 1/2 a small lemon
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/4/-1/2 cup first cold press olive oil
- optional: pinch red pepper flake optional
- Add everything to a food processor, except the oil.
- Spin oil, well combined.
- Then spin again slowly pouring in olive oil to emulsify.
- Store in a container in the fridge.
- Drizzle over honey glazed carrots or Sprout Momma Breads!
Fresh Summer Squash Pesto:
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- cup toasted walnuts1
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- optional pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup first cold press olive oil
- Add everything but the oil in a food processor.
- Blend well.
- Spin agin slowly adding olive oil to emulsify.
- Totally yummy on our toasted sour dough!